WHAT IS A PATIENT CENTERED MEDICAL HOME?
- A Medical Home is called a “Home” because we’d like this to be the first place you think of for all your medical needs.
- A Medical Home is not a building.
- A medical Home is a trusting partnership between a health care team led by your doctor and you-the informed patient.
OUR CARE IS ALL ABOUT YOU.
- As we build your “Medical Home,” you will notice some changes in the way we give your care, but many things will stay the same.
WE WILL CONTINUE TO:
- Respect you as an individual-we will not make judgements based on race, religion, sex, age, or disability.
- Respect your privacy-your medical information will not be shared with anyone unless you give us permission or it is required by law.
- Provide care given by a team of people led by your doctor.
- Give the care you need when you need it.
- Have a doctor on-call 24 hours day, 7 days a week.
- Manage acute illnesses and chronic disease and give advice to help you stay healthy.
- Tell you about your health and illnesses in a way you can understand.
WE TRUST YOU TO:
- Tell us what you know about your health, illnesses, needs, and any concerns/questions.
- Take part in planning your care and follow the agreed-upon care plan.
- Contact us during emergencies, so we direct you to the right care.
- Tell us what medication you are taking and ask for a refill at your office visit when you need one.
- Ask other doctors, including your eye doctor, to send us reports about your care when you see them.
- Learn about wellness and how to prevent illnesses.
WHEN THE PROCESS IS COMPLETE, YOU MAY NOTICE THAT:
- We ask you what your goal is or what you want to do to improve your health.
- We give you a clinical summary and education resources.
- We remind you when tests/labs are due, so you receive the best quality care.
- We use more advance electronic tools to help us provide more efficient care and communication.